Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday morning slowly starting

It's 10:30 as I sit here with my morning diet Mt. Dew, my preferred caffiene source, tho a big glass of Bill Miller tea would have been good if someone had been nice enough to go out and get me a lean brisket, egg, and potato taco - totally not good for me, but I had hoped!

Looking through blogs took up quite a bit of my day yesterday and now I want to figure out EASY ways to get some stuff in here. At the computer, originally to work, then to find recipes and ideas for taking care of the veggies and meat that now fill my fridge! I griped about veggie prices at HEB, and I won't even consider buying meat there...so my honey went down to Chichi's (chachi's - whatever) down by the produce market and brought back cabbage, cauliflower [99 cents a head there - 2.99 at HEB], nice ripe avocados, fruit - I'm not even sure what all else!! Then to Culebra meat market....I've got an entire pork loin - now cut into 4 equal pieces - 1 for a roast, 1 for pozole or green chili stew, the rest for some steaks, stir fry, milanesa style...He's going to be grilling today - fajitas [real, beef, fajita!], pork, and a sirloin that I've dry salted.

This is an idea I got from freaky foodie's blog, actually from grocery guy via her blog!- wait! I may have actually inserted a link!!! The steak is laying out in the garage refrigerator, salted on both sides and flipped mid drying. I did this with my turkey at Thanksgiving in 2006 and 2007 and came out with the bestest turkey ever...so we'll see how the steak does. It took the turkey 3 full days, steak only a portion of the day. If I can get some pretty sides to go with it, I'll take pics - AND if it's good!

So - good Sunday morning to all. I'm going to go dig around in the blog world and try to find out how to do all those little things I want - links [so I can give better credit to my inspiration!] a counter, pictures in my posts - that sort of thing. Besides my Mt. Dew is gone and I really need to NOT SIT HERE all day again today!

No comments: